Sunday, August 14, 2011

Puppy had two seizures?

About 2 weeks ago I adopted a teacup pomeranian. He is 11 weeks old and was doing great all the way up until yesterday when he had a seizure. I took him to the vet hospital and they gave him a shot of a type of steroid to strengthen him because he was really weak. The vet said his seizure could have been a result of epilepsy, hypoglycemia or something else and he would have to do bloodwork. The vet seemed to think epilepsy was the most probable cause which means my puppy will have to be on medication to control the seizures. He also mentioned epilepsy is usually hereditary and the breeder was probably aware of this. I have been keeping a close eye on my puppy and hes back to his normal self (energetic and playful)..My question is, should I try to get some of my money or all of it back from the breeder? I paid $600 for him and I expected a healthy puppy in return. I also went through a lot of trouble looking for the right dog and drove 45 miles out of my way to adopt him. The vet fees are really expensive and I am realy worried about my puppy...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment