Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What are my chances of being accepted (duke, Hopkins,cornell...)?

My gpa is 3.9 uw, I've taken ap calculus ab and bc, us history, gov, bio, chem and have scored primarily 5s, with a couple 4s. I have taken 5 or 6 other honors courses, including a college comp cl at the university of Washington. My sat score is not great (2000), but I was a national merit commended scholar this year (99th percentile of PSAT/NMSQT takers). I lived in shanghai china for 4 years (11 - 15 years old). I have been independently studying mandarin for the last 3 years, and I set up a cultural exchange program with university students in beijing and my friends over skype. We meet weekly to practice english and Chinese and discuss world affairs. I also play lead guitar in a band, and have played for many years. my courseload is in the top 5 in my school. My stretch schools are duke, cornell, hopkins, dartmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment